The American Library in Paris and Message Paris are organizing a Read-A-Thon to encourage vacation reading, and to raise funds for the Library! This kick-off event is open to children and teens who are members of Message Paris or The American Library in Paris. Join us for the kick-off to play trivia, timed games, and more, then find out how to participate in the Read-A-Thon!
WHY READ FOR THE AMERICAN LIBRARY IN PARIS?
Over a 1-week period, participants are encouraged to read as much as possible and collect donations based on the number of minutes that they read! Donations will be used to support the American Library in Paris, a non-profit English language Library founded in 1920, and the largest English-language lending library on the European continent! It is a place where people gather to explore ideas, build community and connect with other English speakers. As a non-profit, we count on your donations to continue to provide programs, books and services for the English-language community. All participants who turn in a completed Read-A-Thon pack and a donation from at least one sponsor will be entered into a prize drawing. Prizes will be awarded for top readers in each of the following categories: ages 0–3, ages 4–8, ages 9–12, and ages 12–18.
ABOUT MESSAGE PARIS:
Message Paris is the largest association for English-speaking parents and parents-to-be in France! It is an entirely volunteer-run, independent, non-profit association that provides a social and support network to expectant women, new mothers and fathers, and parents of children of all ages. Message Paris is proud to bring you this Read-A-Thon in conjunction with the American Library in Paris! Learn more at www.messageparis.org.
How to participate:
- Register for the 2024 Read-A-Thon! Register using the link below.
- Download your Read-A-Thon materials. Download your reading log once it is sent to the email address provided.
- Find sponsors (like family and friends) who will pledge (or promise!) a certain amount of money for every reading challenge that you complete (for example: 1€ per hour).
- Write your sponsors on your pledge sheet. Add each sponsor’s name, address, and pledge amount to your pledge sheet.
- Read! Keep a log of your reading during the weeklong Read-A-Thon! The more you read the more you raise for the Library!
- Collect your pledges.
- Tell your friends and family how much you read, and collect your pledges (promised donations).
- Submit your pledge sheet at the Library
- Turn in donations online or in-person at the Library
- Attend our finale celebration to find out the top readers, and raffle winners, to meet other bookworms, and collect your certificate of participation!