Support the Read-a-Thon
ABOUT THE READ-A-THON:
The American Library in Paris and Message Paris are organizing a Read-A-Thon to encourage vacation reading, and to raise funds for the Library! This event is open to children and teens who are members of Message Paris or The American Library in Paris. Over a 1-week period, participants are encouraged to read as much as possible and collect donations based on the number of minutes that they read!
WHY READ FOR THE AMERICAN LIBRARY IN PARIS?
Donations will be used to support the American Library in Paris, a non-profit English language Library founded in 1920, and the largest English-language lending library on the European continent! It is a place where people gather to explore ideas, build community and connect with other English speakers. As a non-profit, we count on your donations to continue to provide programs, books and services for the English-language community.
ABOUT MESSAGE PARIS:
Message Paris is the largest association for English-speaking parents and parents-to-be in France! It is an entirely volunteer-run, independent, non-profit association that provides a social and support network to expectant women, new mothers and fathers, and parents of children of all ages. Message Paris is proud to bring you this Read-A-Thon in conjunction with the American Library in Paris! Learn more at www.messageparis.org.
How to participate:
- Register for the 2024 Read-A-Thon!
- Download your Read-A-Thon materials. Download your reading log once it is sent to the email address provided.
- Find sponsors (like family and friends) who will pledge (or promise!) a certain amount of money for every reading challenge that you complete (for example: 1€ per hour).
- Write your sponsors on your pledge sheet. Add each sponsor’s name, address, and pledge amount to your pledge sheet.
- 20–27 February: Read! Keep a log of your reading! The more you read the more you raise for the Library!
- Collect your pledges.
- Tell your friends and family how much you read, and collect your pledges (promised donations).
- Submit your pledge sheet at the Library or by email by Saturday 9 March at 14h00.
- Turn in donations online or in-person at the Library by Saturday 9 March at 14h00.
- Attend our finale celebration on Saturday 9 March at 14h00 to find out the top readers in several age categories, to meet other bookworms, and collect your certificate of participation!
The importance of the Library
A few of our guests share their thoughts about the American Library in Paris…
For more information about where your contributions go, view the Library’s Annual Report.
The American Library in Paris is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and an organisme d’intérêt général for French tax purposes. All contributions are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law and will be acknowledged with a tax receipt.