Thank you for becoming a member of the Library. We are a private, non-profit organization that relies on membership fees, donations, and grants to maintain our day-to-day activities and programs. These membership rules help ensure that all who use the Library have an enjoyable experience. If you need clarification, please ask a staff member at the Member Services desk.
Your Library card is necessary in order to access the Library and its resources. Cards are nominative and non-transferable. Cardholders are responsible for late fees or losses incurred for materials borrowed on their cards. At the time of renewal, all fines must be paid in full. Borrowing privileges will be suspended for late fees in excess of 20€. There is a 5€ charge to replace a lost or damaged card. There is no charge for a stolen card when a police report is presented.
Borrowing, Renewals, Returns, and Late Fees
The loan period for all materials is three weeks. Items may be renewed once for an additional three weeks, provided no other member has requested them. Senior members have 2 renewals. Materials may be renewed online at www.americanlibraryinparis.org by clicking on the “My Account” button. Overdue materials may be renewed by email, by phone, or in person. Accrued fines will be applied. Materials may be returned during opening hours. Materials returned after the due date will be charged a fee of 0.20€ per item per day the Library is open.
Lost and Damaged Material
Members are responsible for returning items to the Library in the same condition in which they were borrowed and for informing staff members of any existing damage to materials at the time of borrowing. Members will be charged for the cost of replacement plus an 8€ processing fee for lost or damaged items. Damage that may require replacement includes, but is not limited to, water damage, stains, tears, and markings. Members must not attempt to repair materials. We cannot accept replacement or substitute material.
Members may have up to 5 item requests on their account at one time. You will be notified by e-mail when the item becomes available and it will be held for 10 working days.
All users are expected to use the Library’s internet access in a legal and responsible manner consistent with the educational and informational purposes for which it is provided.
Children in the Library
Parents and legal guardians are responsible for their children while in the Library and must accompany them at all times. Any restriction of minors’ access to materials or the Internet is the sole responsibility of the parent or legal guardian.
Code of Conduct
Honoring these simple rules will help everyone enjoy the Library:
- Talking on cell phones is prohibited in the Library, except in the designated area in the Members’ Lounge, at a low volume appropriate to a library environment.
- Food and beverages other than water may only be consumed in the Members’ Lounge. Bottled water is permitted throughout the Library.
- Please allow others to enjoy our books by refraining from writing in the margins, highlighting, or underlining passages.
- Please leave your scooters at the front of the Library. Strollers should be left at the entrance to the children’s section.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate pets other than service animals.
- Causing a disturbance or engaging in any behavior that interferes with Library activities will not be tolerated. Proscribed behavior includes, but is not limited to, verbal abuse, threats of violence, sexual harassment, or use of “fighting words” to harass any person, whether a patron, staff, or volunteer at the Library, as well as impinging upon other members’ comfort, health, safety, or enjoyment of the facilities. Any member committing such an offense is subject to sanctions, including being asked to leave Library premises and/or having membership revoked.
By completing a Membership Application Form, members certify that the information they provide is true and correct, and that they will respect the rules and regulations detailed on this form. The Library reserves the right to refuse service to anyone not complying with these rules.