American Library in Paris Writer-in-Residence
The American Library in Paris Writer-in-Residence program was created in 2018 to foster cultural and artistic exchange between prominent writers and the Library community. The Library will select a writer for a short-term residency that will provide a unique opportunity for engagement. This residency is made possible through the generous support of the de Groot Foundation.
The Writer-in-Residence receives a $3,000 stipend. The award, to be spent at the author’s discretion, is designed to cover travel to Paris, accommodation, and expenses associated with the residency.
Please note that we do not accept applications for the Writer-in-Residence position. Please see our Visiting Fellowship page to learn whether you might be eligible for this opportunity, for which we do accept proposals.
The Writer-in-Residence is expected to:
- Be present in Paris during the entire period of the residency.
- Present one hour-long evening program at the Library on a mutually agreed upon topic.
- Conduct at least one workshop on writing or a mutually agreed upon topic.
- Participate in a Library reception.
- Appropriately acknowledge the Library and the Writer-in-Residence program in publications and print media related to the residency.