Two or three times a year the Library opens its doors to give those who don’t know us already a chance to look around and kick the tires. This Saturday 13 March non-members (and members, of course) are invited to the Open House to partake in:
• All manner of children’s programs — check the website for details.
• Behind-the-scenes tours of the Library’s history, collections, and programs by the director.
• One-on-one sessions with a computer pro, with guidance for the confused and the clueless.
• Information about two upcoming special events – the Young Authors’ Fiction Festival and the 2010 Paris Spelling Bee, now in its third year (see below).
• The a cappella voices of the Society of Orpheus and Bacchus, the second oldest such group at Yale University, after the Whiffenpoofs, in a concert at 17h15. These irreverent undergraduates go by the shorthand The SOBs.
• After the Open House, at 18h00, a screening of the extraordinary documentary Spellbound. This spelling-bee classic sets up the weeks of preparation for all who wish to register for the Spelling Bee on May 30.
Please join us for a wonderful afternoon and evening.