The Liberation of Paris
10 October 2017
A branch of the Library in Roubaix
10 October 2017

The Library’s Left Bank branch

From left to right : Robert N. Stevens, board chairman of the American Library; Jean Sarrailh, Rector of Académie of Paris; Georges Bidault, French Minister of Foreign Affairs; Jefferson Caffery, American Ambassador to France.

The Left Bank branch is housed in a building donated by the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, situated within a few blocks from the Sorbonne, at 173, boulevard Saint-Germain. The branch offers a rich collection of literature at the disposal of professors and students. The branch closed in 1955 ― and is now a Ralph Lauren boutique.