From 10h–18h on 28 October, the Library invites you to follow the trick-or-treating route we’ve set up, and visit nearby businesses in the 7th arrondissement.
Pick up your trick-or-treating maps at the Library on 28 October. They are free for Library members and 10€ per family for non-members. You do not need to pre-register in order to trick-or-treat.
This is a self-led activity.
How to trick-or-treat:
- Put on your costume.
- Find a bag for your candy.
- Find your grown-up (they’ll need to be with you from now on!).
- Pick up your map at The American Library in Paris.
- Follow the map to the trick-or-treating spots.
- At each spot, say: “Trick or treat” and take one piece of the candy.
- Say: “Thank you! Happy Halloween!” before you leave.
- Walk (don’t run) on the sidewalk (with your grown-up) to the next spot.
- Trade the candy with friends if there’s something you don’t like.
- Take your candy home to enjoy after your grown-up looks it over.