The nominees are here!
The Teens’ Top Ten is a “teen choice” list, where teens nominate 25 of their favorite books of the previous year and then vote for the Top Ten. The 25 nominees for 2014 have been named and are waiting at the American Library in Paris for teens to come check them out. Readers ages twelve to eighteen have until August 15 to cross a few of the great titles off their to-read list and be ready to vote for their favorites online at www.ala.org/yalsa/reads4teens; voting is open from August 15 until Teen Read Week, October 12-18, 2014.
The list of all twenty five nominees includes recent favorites such as Eleanor and Park and plenty of new titles from well loved authors like Brandon Sanderson and Francesca Lia Block. All of the books are available at the American Library in Paris, starting now!
So, without further ado, here are the teen approved contenders for YALSA’s Teens’ Top Ten!
- Arnett, Mindee. The Nightmare Affair.
- Banks, Anna. Of Triton.
- Bardugo, Leigh. Siege and Storm.
- Block, Francesca Lia. Love In The Time Of Global Warming.
- Charbonneau, Joelle. The Testing.
- Dashner, James. The Eye of Minds.
- Edwards, Janet. Earth Girl.
- Gleason, Colleen. The Clockwork Scarab.
- Gray, Laurie. Maybe I Will.
- Henry, April. The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die.
- Howard, A. G. Splintered.
- Kate, Lauren. Teardrop.
- Konigsberg, Bill. Openly Straight.
- Laybourne, Emmy. Monument 14: Sky On Fire.
- Richards, Natalie D. Six Months Later.
- Rowell, Rainbow. Eleanor & Park.
- Sales, Leila. This Song Will Save Your Life.
- Sanderson, Brandon. Steelheart.
- Sanderson, Brandon. The Rithmatist.
- Smith, Jennifer E. This is What Happy Looks Like.
- Smith, Andrew. Winger.
- Stine, R.L. A Midsummer Night’s Scream.
- Tucholke, April. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea.
- Winters, Cat. In The Shadow of Blackbirds.
- Yancey, Rick. The 5th Wave.
For YA lit gifs, info, and fun all year long, be sure to follow the Teens’ Top Ten tumblr.
[iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/OdY4PlLJd7o” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen ]