Welcome back to the Library!
The Library has reopened to members for browsing, checkout, and returns:
Tuesday-Friday 13h-18h and Saturday 11h-16h30
- A mask will be required to enter the building for all visitors age 11 and up. (in accordance with article 27, décret n°2020-663, 31 mai 2020) Disposable masks are available for 1€.
- Browse the books and use the kiosks with clean hands.
- Please maintain a safe distance from other members.
- Place returns onto the designated carts for quarantine.
- Restrict your visit to one hour or less.
- Very limited seating will be available.
- Please, no eating or drinking in the Library.
- All our programs and services will continue virtually. Sign up for e-Libris, our e-newsletter, for the latest information on virtual programming and the progressive reopening.
- If you are not comfortable entering the Library premises, please contact the Library by email and we will do our utmost to accommodate your needs.
Restrictions in place
- Very limited seating (The Florence Gould Reading Room is temporarily closed)
- Public PCs, printing, scanning, and copying services temporarily unavailable
- No cash payments accepted
- Archives accessible by appointment only (contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Services available online
Some services will not be available onsite, for the health and safety of our members and staff. Please visit our website for the following:
Do I have to come alone?
No, you may be accompanied by other members of your household. If the Library has exceeded a safe capacity, you will be asked to wait outside until we can accommodate you.
Do I have to wear a mask?
All visitors aged 11 and up must wear a mask at all times inside the Library. See article 27, décret n°2020-663 (31 May 2020) for details.
Do I need to clean the books I pick up before I read them?
No. All returned items are quarantined for 10 days before being reintegrated into the Library’s circulating collection.
Returned books that have a waiting list are fast-track disinfected. The plastic elements are cleaned with 70% isopropyl alcohol, and the book is quarantined for 3 days to disinfect the paper components before being checked out to the next member on the waiting list. More information about library book disinfection recommendations can be read in section 1.2 of this document.
Do I need to clean the books before I return them?
You do not need to clean or wrap books you are returning. However, if you or a household member is or has been sick with the coronavirus, please do not return the books until the infectious period has passed.
Can I return books for someone else?
My membership has expired. Can I renew it onsite?
Please renew your membership online. Once you receive email confirmation that your account has been reactivated, you may visit the Library and check out books.
I joined the Library online. Can I pick up my card onsite?
Yes. No appointment is necessary to pick up your new Library card.
I have fines or lost book fees on my account.
All overdue fines accrued during the confinement or the deconfinement periods will be waived. However, fines that accrued prior to 15 March 2020 are still posted to members’ accounts, are considered due, and should be paid online.
Fees for lost or damaged materials remain the responsibility of the member, whether accrued prior, during, or after the confinement. These fees should also be paid online.
A book I returned is still listed on my account.
Please allow 48 hours after your visit for your account to be updated. If the item is still listed on your account after 2 working days, please send us an email.
I have books to return but I can’t come to the Library yet.
Please hold onto your books for now, and contact us if they need to be renewed. We are not charging any overdue fines during the confinement and the deconfinement periods. If you or a household member is or has been sick with the coronavirus, please do not return the books in person or by post until the infectious period has passed.
I have books to return but I’ve left the country.
Please contact us by email to make arrangements for their return or replacement.
Can I take books with me on vacation?
Yes. As before, please bring your selection to the Member Services Desk to arrange an extended loan period.
Can I stay and read or study at the Library?
The Florence Gould Reading Room is currently closed, and limited additional seating is available in the Members’ Lounge, the Mezzanine, the Teen Mezzanine, and the Lower Level.
Can I reserve a study room?
The lower level study rooms may be used for one hour on a first-come, first-served basis. Only one person per room at a time, please.
Can I use a public computer?
Our public PCs are temporarily unavailable. WiFi is available throughout the Library for your personal device.
Can I print, photocopy, or scan?
These services are currently limited.
When will onsite programs for children, teens, and adults resume?
All our programs are virtual for the time being. Please subscribe to e-Libris for the latest programming news.
When will the Library be open on Sundays or in the morning?
We are currently on our annual summer schedule: Tuesday-Saturday afternoons. Please subscribe to e-Libris for updates to our opening hours.