- This event has passed.
Read-A-Thon Finale Party (all ages!)
12 May 2018 @ 15 h 00 min - 16 h 30 min
The American Library in Paris and Message Paris are organizing a Read-A-Thon to encourage reading, and raise funds for the Library. This Read-A-Thon is open to children and teens of all ages. All participants will receive a certificate of participation. Join us for the finale party on Saturday 12 May where you’ll learn about the Library’s history, tell us about your vacation reading and win great prizes!
WHAT IS A READ-A-THON?
During a 2-week reading range, children read, and collect money based on the number of minutes they read. The donations will be used to support the American Library in Paris, a non-profit English language Library founded in 1920.
WHY READ FOR THE AMERICAN LIBRARY IN PARIS?
Did you know that the American Library in Paris is the largest English-language lending library on the European continent? It is a place where people gather to explore ideas, build community and connect with other English speakers. As a non-profit, we count on you to continue to provide great programs, books and services!
ABOUT MESSAGE PARIS:
Message is the largest association for English-speaking parents and parents-to-be in France. It is an entirely volunteer-run, independent, nonprofit association that provides a social and support network to expectant women, new mothers, fathers and parents of children of all ages. The Message playgroups and forums are well known in the Anglophone community; in addition, Message also offers programs for older children. The Primary School Kids Group (PSK) is proud to bring you this Read-A-Thon in conjunction with the American Library in Paris. Learn more at www.messageparis.org.
- 7 April (15h00-16h00): Kick-off party at The American Library in Paris. We’ll have fun quizzes, games and surprises in store.
- 7 April – 14 April: Find sponsors (like family and friends) who will pledge (or promise!) a certain amount of money for every minute that you read (for example: 10¢ per minute), add the sponsor’s name, address and pledge amount to your pledge sheet.
- 14 April – 28 April: Read! Use a clock to keep track of your reading for the Read-A-Thon. Please use the reading log provided. The more you read the more you raise!
- 28 April – 12 May: Total your minutes and collect your pledges. Turn in the pledge sheet and donations at the Library by 26 March.
- 12 May (15h00-16h00): Celebrate! Join us for the Read-A-Thon finale! Collect your certificate of participation and enjoy some fun, prizes, and surprises. Hand in your donations by this day!
This special Saturday program, and the Read-A-Thon finale party do not require advance registration, and are free and open to the public. Caregivers are expected to familiarize themselves with these guidelines so that we can provide a pleasant library environment for all patrons.