Thank you for your interest in working at The American Library in Paris. We currently have one full-time position available for an Administrative and Financial Manager:
The Administrative and Financial Manager reports to and works closely with the director and deputy director (and outside professionals) to manage Library operations: personnel, payroll, human resources, billing, accounting, budgeting, insurance, annual audits, compliance with French reporting for nonprofit associations, US and French tax filings, and the maintenance of two Library-owned properties, one occupied by the Library (1000m2), the other currently leased to the American University in Paris (600m2). The majority of the Library’s expenses, and all of its budgeting, are in euros, but the financial manager also works with the US brokerage entity that holds the USA Foundation’s financial assets in dollars, with another US bank for the Library’s US$ transactions, and with US tax preparation service for US tax filings.
- Written and spoken skill in English and French.
- At minimum a bachelor’s degree, ideally with an MBA/CPA or related degree.
- Seven years or more of professional experience in financial and operations management, ideally in a non-profit environment.
- Familiarity with current technology and accounting and reporting software.
- Comfort in articulating financial concepts and administrative procedures to a broad range of colleagues.
- An appetite for hard work and the ability to multi-task in a close-knit and busy organizational environment.
- Valid European working papers are required.
A more detailed description of the job and details about compensation will be shared with candidates the Library chooses to interview, who will also be prepared to provide at least two relevant professional references. Candidates should bear in mind that the American Library in Paris is a non-profit association whose salary structure does not match equivalents in the private sector, although the benefits of working inside this unique, historic, and dynamic institution are considerable.
Your cover letter should state explicitly how your experience matches the above requirements.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.